Assistant Quantity Surveyor (Southern Region)
Jones Homes (Southern) Ltd is recruiting for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor who can confidently plan and implement build cost controls for its developments across the South East.
Based at Jones Homes Southern’s regional headquarters in Swanley, Kent, they will provide a vital link between site teams, sub-contractors, technical team, land team and the senior leadership team for the division.
The role will involve attending site visits and sub-contractor meetings, and proactively sourcing new local subcontractors to ensure Jones Homes offers an unrivalled level of support to the communities where it builds.
The successful candidate will have a meticulous approach, creating and updating assessments, reports and tender schedules to provide visibility of all costs associated with the build at every stage.
They will be equally comfortable working with local authority and legal teams to sign off completion of works as they are in checking sales brochures and documents for payment.
They will provide monthly assessments of materials on sites and ensure costs are controlled in all circumstances.
Excellent communication and negotiation skills will be required to manage a variety of relationships throughout the build process across up to six live developments.
Jones Homes (Southern) Ltd is a HBF Five Star Builder known for building exceptional homes in desirable locations. The intricate design features in our homes demand a more complex build process, which in turn creates a broader schedule of materials and labour. This pivotal role will ensure that internal planning is sound and there is continued transparency around costs.
If you have a strong track record in a similar role in the new homes industry – and want to join a large, established, privately-owned development company – send a CV, covering letter and salary expectations to [email protected].
Day to Day Activities:
- Liaise with site agents to cater for problems/shortfalls
- Check all invoices to ensure they are in accordance with orders and ensure agreed procedure is adhered to for authorisation
- Liaise closely with Head Office to ensure national agreements are utilised and to compare rates of orders
- Prepare schedules accurately and in a format that is readable/understandable and usable by all necessary parties
- Preparation of documents to send out for tender to sub-contractors and/or material suppliers.
- Photocopying drawings and specifications
- To analyse tenders and recommend to management preferred subcontractors/suppliers to include the completion of required Prequalification questionaries’ and CIS forms
- Negotiate with sub-contractors and suppliers to raise orders to cover variations
- Prepare interim valuations and payments to agreed procedures
- Attend meeting with subcontractors as required to resolve invoicing issues
- Attend subcontractor/site meetings
- Ensure all documentation over invoices and sub-contractor payments are completed and authorised
Knowledge & Specific Job Skills:
- House building experience
- Sound construction background and practical knowledge
- IT Literate – Windows & Microsoft Excel
- Good telephone manner, together with good communication both verbal and written
- Good interpersonal and negotiating skills
- To carry out efficiently any duties and instructions from Senior Staff when required to do so
- To work as part of a team at all times
- To assist all departments as required
- To have good organisation and prioritisation skills
- To carry out premeasure & remeasures of work packages when required
- Scheduling of materials prior to procurement
- Professional and polite
- Good communicator
- Self motivated
The details contained within this job description are not exhaustive and may be amended where necessary.Send Your CV