If you are planning to buy a new home, the Consumer Code for Home Builders is here to support you.
Buying a brand new home is an exciting time. But with a new home being one of the largest investments you’re likely to make, it’s important that you understand the process, what you’re buying and what help is available should problems arise.
The Code is designed to help you understand what levels of service to expect from your Home Builder, feel fully informed about your purchase and know your consumer rights before and after you move in. In the unlikely even that problems arise, a speedy, low cost dispute resolution scheme is available to deal with complaints about breaches of the Code.
The Consumer Code for Home Builders (“the Code”) was developed by the home-building industry to make the home buying process fairer and more transparent for purchasers.
Our commitment to our customers
- We adopt the Consumer Code for Home Builders (known as The Consumer Code Scheme). It is displayed in all of our sales offices and our staff are trained to ensure that they understand our responsibilities to you.
- We will provide you with clear details about your new home and our customer service procedures during the buyout process.
- We will ensure that our contract of sale uses terms and conditions that are fair and clearly set out.
- We will tell you about all of the choices and options that are available to you when buying your new home.
- During the construction period, we will provide regular progress reports and your new home and when it will be ready.
- We will provide you with Health and Safety advice to minimise the risk of danger when visiting during construction and during the use of your new home after you have moved in.
- We will explain to you how your exchange deposit will be protected
- We will provide you with full details about the Warranty Provider that will cover your home, as well as our own warranties and any other guarantees you will benefit from.
- Once the structural completion has been confirmed, we will invite you to a demonstration of your new home’s functions and facilities, so we can ensure you know how everything works before you move in.
- We will arrange for the sales advisor and the site manager to contact you after you move, to ensure you have settled in and to answer any questions you may have
- We will tell you about the sales service that is available to you once you have moved into your new home
- We will provide details of who to contact if you believe we have not satisfactorily fulfilled our Charter Commitments to you.