Regional Land Buyer (Yorkshire)
Jones Homes (Yorkshire) Ltd are looking to recruit a Regional Land Buyer – Permanent position
Location: Cleckheaton, nr Bradford
Salary: Competitive salary
Start date: Immediately
Car: Company car/Allowance
Based at Jones Homes Yorkshire’s regional headquarters in Cleckheaton, nr Bradford, the Regional Land Buyer will contribute to the ultimate acquisition of development sites across the Yorkshire region in order for land targets to be met.
The successful candidate will be joining the land buying team in the Region and will have the responsibility for identifying, evaluating and securing sufficient land/sites for residential development, on the most cost effective basis.
The role will involve working closely with internal departments as well as with the company’s wider consultant team to support the division’s strategic land objectives by achieving and maintaining a quality land bank.
Day to Day Activities
- Assist in land acquisition / procurement, as per Group Policies & Processes to meet the Region’s Business Plan.
- Source and secure land effectively for the immediate, short and medium term via the development of agent contacts; planning leads, methods of formal and informal tender and ‘off market’ land procurement.
- Develop and maintain a full understanding of the Jones Homes land appraisal systems and the various internal procedures involved in investigating, reporting and ultimately purchasing land.
- With the approval of the Land Director produce and present land offers and negotiate best possible terms.
- Act as a conduit between the Land and other internal departments, together with other Divisions and Group, to ensure opportunities are optimised and effective working relationships are developed to assist in the land acquisition process.
- Assist in achieving planning approvals, working with third party providers and with internal departments.
- Support the department to achieve and maintain a high profile with external property contacts, working relationships with local authorities, local agents, and owners and other developers within the Region’s operating area.
- Assist the department in the process of determining, agreeing and delivering site start programmes and development programmes within agreed timescales.
- Actively manage communications and operational interfaces with internal and external stakeholders to achieve the Regional Business Plan.
- Assist in the production of effective and relevant legal documentation for each development or phase of development.
Knowledge & Specific Job Skills:
- Property related Degree
- Full Driving License
- IT Literate – Windows & Microsoft Excel
- Good telephone manner, together with good communication both verbal and written
- Good interpersonal and negotiating skills
- To carry out efficiently any duties and instructions from Senior Staff when required to do so
- To work as part of a team at all times
- To have good organisation and prioritisation skills
- Existing knowledge of the Yorkshire area would be beneficial but not essential
- Professional and polite
- Good communicator
- Self motivated
The details contained within this job description are not exhaustive and may be amended where necessary.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to [email protected]Send Your CV