How To Sell Your Old Home
We all know how critical first impressions can be. Which is why it’s important to do all you can to show your home in the best possible light,
right from the very first moment a viewer steps through the door.
Potential buyers need to be able to imagine themselves living in your home, but they also need to feel as though they can move in without
having to make major changes. So you need to ensure your home gives that strong first impression.
We hope that you have found some of this information useful and we wish you the very best of luck selling your home.
If you need any further assistance or would like to discuss your specific needs with a Sales Advisor, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
HERE ARE SOME HELPFUL HINTS ON GETTING YOUR HOME IN TIP-TOP VIEWING CONDITION:
• Neat and tidy
- Everyone aspires to a dream home, so start by giving your entire house a bit of an overhaul and declutter as much as possible. Make sure all the beds are made
and that dirty dishes and laundry are out of sight. Perhaps even consider hiring professional cleaners to make the place really sparkle.
• Space and light
- To help give your viewer a better sense of space, put large pieces of furniture and anything you don’t use, into storage. Pay particular attention to the
hallway as this is often the first place the viewer will see – simply putting away coats and shoes can really have a dramatic impact.
• Those finishing touches
- A little attention to detail can make a big difference. Brighten your kitchen with some fresh flowers and give your bathroom a boost with some new towels and floor mats.
Or, if do you have a little more in your budget, it’s amazing what a fresh lick of paint can do. However, stick to neutral colours as they can be less polarising.
What’s more, maybe add a nice homely scent to really finish things off.
• Don’t forget outside!
- Outside space is the first thing potential buyers will judge. Be sure to sweep around the front door and the driveway and clear away any children’s toys or gardening
equipment. Maybe even add some colourful flower tubs or hanging baskets. Remember your home has to look inviting.
• Think positively
- Finally, always be positive and don’t dwell on any flaws your home might have. Rather, you want the viewer to leave feeling happy and excited about the possibilities.